Thursday 3 October 2013

Jennifer Lopez: 'I have high standards for a partner'


Jennifer Lopez opens up in a revealing new inteview

The singer and actress opens about her relationship with Casper Smart and her insecurities about her vocals
She may have been divorced three times, but Jennifer Lopez is still a hopeless romantic.
The 44-year-old singer and actress gushes about her younger man Casper Smart in a new interview with Cosmopolitan, calling him “a great partner to walk this life with”.
“I have my own high standards for what I want in a partner and how I want to be treated,” she says. “I bring a lot to the table. I’m not talking about the material things but what I have to offer as a person – love and loyalty and all the things that make a good relationship.”
Jennifer, who previously dated actor Ben Affleck and music mogul P Diddy, also confessed that she absolutely hates being ignored and needs to have her partner's full attention.
"I remember telling him [Casper] how I have a real button on being ignored," she admitted. "And he was like, 'Listen, if somebody ignores you, then forget them. They don't deserve to have your attention.' But it's funny. Sometimes when we don't get it, we try to get it in a negative way, you know?"
Jennifer began dating the 26-year-old choreographer shortly after splitting from husband Marc Anthony after seven years of marriage.
She and Marc, who are parents to five-year-old twins Max and Emme, have remained close since their 2011 break-up and she credits him for helping her overcome her insecurities about singing.
“Even though I had sold 70 million records, there was this feeling like, 'I’m not good at this',” she explained.
“And while I was married to Marc, he helped me get over it. He kept telling me, ‘You’re the only one holding yourself back from reaching your full potential as a singer. You have to let go.’
“I was always so insecure. Then I grew, little by little, and realised, wait a minute, this is not a fluke. I’m not a mistake – I work my ass off. And I know what I’m doing.”
Nowadays she’s feeling more comfortable in her own skin and recently returned to the judging panel of US talent show American Idol. She’s currently working on her eighth studio album and is also due to appear alongside Antonio Banderas in upcoming movie The 33.
However the demands of her busy schedule combined with being a single mother mean that her partying days are well and truly behind her!
“Once it gets past 12, I’m like, 'Oh, it’s getting late',” she says. “If you’re hanging around some after-party until the wee hours, how are you supposed to take five meetings in a row the next day?”

No comments:

Post a Comment